Thursday, January 1, 2015

Winter Queen Flower Crown and a Fruitful New Year

Hope you guys had a lovely last day of 2014 and are now ushering in the new year with positive thoughts and maybe a solid hangover. I'm not really a huge party person and my smooch partner is six hours away from me currently so I spent New Years Eve in bed watching Bravo with wine. 
I also sported this winter crown I made for a social media competition at the florist where I work. We were assigned to take the upcoming year's wedding trends and make an accompanying floral piece. Instead of a bouquet, I put together this winter crown using holiday greens, spray roses, and a white gerbera daisy. I'm quite happy with the result if I do say so myself!



I wanted to lay out some of my resolutions for the new year here in a public place where I'll feel more committed to upholding them. If you know me, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of new years resolutions: I love starting a new cycle in alignment with the natural world. Here are a few things I want to commit to in the upcoming year:
  • Stay organized. I've very recently become obsessed with planning and organizing my time and my possessions. Hopefully I can keep this up all year round. 
  • Don't allow yourself to be controlled by your gut. Diets make me anxious and workout regimens make me rebellious and angry, so hopefully I can reprogram my relationship with food instead of feeling unhealthy or miserable on a diet.
  • Graduate and not flounder afterwords. This is less of a resolution and more of a cross-your-fingers-and-pray type thing, but ya know, it happens. 
  • Drink less beer casually. Towards the end of this year I stopped drinking beer outside of social situations for fear of beer belly. Hopefully I can keep it up throughout the year. 
  • Don't rely on others for emotional stability. I have an amazingly supportive family, best friend, and boyfriend. However, I need to be able to thrive on my own without clutching these things for support. 
  • Keep up with this blog! I have a bad tendency to start things like this and then abandon them. Not this year!
In 2014 I left an abusive relationship, moved through grief, began to learn how to grow up, and gained confidence in myself as an illustrator and as a women. I hope 2015 has even brighter events for me to discover. 

xoxo
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment